News & Press Releases
- Testimony to KY Government Contract Review Committee
- KY Launches University Tech Commercialization Initiative
- Kentucky’s C3 Initiative Brings Shared Tech transfer Services Statewide
- UK OTC and UofL Partnerhsip
- C3 Legal Partnership
KEF Invesment Thesis
What is C3?
The Commonwealth Commercialization Center (C3) is a newly created science and technology non-profit that will be Kentucky’s flagship for supporting and accelerating entrepreneurship, invention and innovation across the state. Led through a partnership between KY Innovation in the Cabinet for Economic Development, the University of Kentucky and University of Louisville, C3 will provide resources to all of the state’s public universities and colleges in order to transition patents and IP into business growth through investment.
One of the first programs of its kind in the United States, C3 seeks to fuel overall economic growth and make Kentucky a regional and national leader in commercialization and technology transfer.
What will the main purposes of C3 be?
- Invest in startups and scaleups
- Centralize university technology transfer efforts
- Attract outside capital and business partnerships
- Foster high-growth innovation
- Build relationships in a supportive business environment
- Engage communities
Contact us at